This study aimed to developed novel fast disintegrating sustained release pellets containing tablet by using Fluidized Bed processor. Verapamil HCl used as a model drug for the formulation. Fluidized bed processor was used for coating of drug and polymer on the sugar spheres. To overcome the problem of swallowing for paediatric, geriatric, psychiatric, bedridden patients, uncooperative patients or for active patients who are busy and travelling and may not access to we aim to formulate the fast-disintegrating tablet. The superdisintigrant are commonly use like cross povidone, sodium starch glycolate which disintegrate tablet rapidly. It is assumed that, after the disintegration of tablets, pellets within tablets which are reside in GIT for several hours and gradually released a drug in controlled way. Eudragit RS 30D and ethyl cellulose were used as a sustained release polymer. Coating of spheres with sustained release film is achieved by bottom spray processor of FBP. Proper pellets coating film thickness, and concentration of polymers’, ensure obtaining desirable VH release profile for extended period of time, was defined. X composition of tablet with pellets were examined in order to obtained formulation, from which VH release would mostly appropriate pellets before compressing. Compression of pellets into tablet, being a modern technological process than enclosing them into hard gelatine capsule. The optimized batch evaluated by studied the effect of compression force, tablet hardness and friability and drug release from the pellets by sustained release manner.
Cite this article:
Jagruti J. Pansare, Rajendra K. Surawase. Formulation Development and Evaluation of Fast Disintegrating Sustained Release Pellets Containing Verapamil Hydrochloride Tablets by Fluidized Bed Processor. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2021; 11(4):261-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2021.00041
Jagruti J. Pansare, Rajendra K. Surawase. Formulation Development and Evaluation of Fast Disintegrating Sustained Release Pellets Containing Verapamil Hydrochloride Tablets by Fluidized Bed Processor. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2021; 11(4):261-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2021.00041 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-4-1
1. Reddy KR, Rathnam G, Kiran I, Raju S, Mulpuri KS: Formulation and Devlopment and evaluation of sustained release matrix tablets of verapamil hydrochloride. Int J Pharma Sci Res 2014; 5(5): 2066-73 doi: 10.13040/IJPSR. 0975-8232. 5(5).2066
2. Dattatray S, Pooja A, Parag K, Avish M, Formulation and in vitro evaluation of fast dissolving tablet of Verapamil Hydrochloride, Int J. Pharma Sci. 2018; 10(10): 93 doi: 10.22159/ iijpps.2018v10i10.28714
3. Mahatma K, Subrna M, Pranusha P,Pallavi K, Fast disintigrating tablet of Nevirapine. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2014; 4(3): 129-134
4. Bhagvat B.V, Darkunde S. Orodispersible film: A novel drug delivery system. Research J. Pharm and Tech 2014; 7(10): 1196-1200
5. Shivangi S, Dinesh Kumar M, Dinesh kumar J, Designing fast disintigrating tablets for antihypertensive agent using superdisintigrants. Research J.Pharma.Tech, 2016; 9(5): 527-532
6. Swpanil C, Esther G, Avdhut J, Nikhil P,Santosh P, Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Disintigrating Tenoxicam Tablet and Comparison with Marketed Product. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(4): 257-263
7. Ashok Thulluru, K. Saravana, Kumar, ch.S Phani Kumar, Nawaz mahammed, D. sreeja,G. Bhuvnesh, N. Vamsi Choedary, nayeema Khowsr Shaik, Fast dissolving tablet- AN Updated review. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2019; 11(4): 296-303. doi: 10.5958/0975-4377.2019.00049.1
8. Patel S.A , Patel NG, Joshi AB. Multiple unit pellet system (MUPS) delivery. Int J Pharm Sci 2018; 10: 138-44.
9. Wieslaw Sawicki, Rafal Lunio, Compressiblity of floating pellets with verapamil hydrochloride coated with dispersion Kollicoat SR30D; Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm. 2005; 60: 153-158
10. Khan MG. Controlled release oral dosage form; Some oral recent advance in matrix drug delivery systems. The sciences, 2001; 1(5): 350-354
11. Mohylyuk, V., Patel, K., Scott, N. Wurster Fluidised Bed Coating of Microparticles: Towards Scalable Production of Oral Sustained-Release Liquid Medicines for Patients with Swallowing Difficulties. AAPS Pharm Sci. Tech., 3 (2020). https://doi.org/ 10.1208/s12249-019-1534-5
12. Abhishek K. Sah, Manmohan Singh Jangdey, Sanjay J. Daharwal. Abhishek K. Sah, Manmohan Singh Jangdey, Sanjay J. Daharwal. Tablet Coating Technology: An Overview. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2014; 4(2): 83-97.
13. B G, S N, Nagam Sp, Nadendla Rr. Formulation And Evaluation of extended release Pellets Of Pioglitazone Hydrochloride Using Natural And Synthetic Polymers By Fluidized Bed Coating Technique. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2019 (7)
14. Kuang, C., Sun, Y., ... He, Z., 2017. Preparation and evaluation of duloxetine hydrochloride enteric-coated pellets with different enteric polymers. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 12: 216–226. doi:10.1016/j.ajps.2016.08.007
15. Rupam A. Wagh, Rajendra K. Surawase. Formulation and Development of Sustained Release Pellets of Nifedipine by Fluidized Bed Processor. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(4): 1757-1761. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00317.0
16. S. Vidyadhara, M. Bhanu Prasad, R.L.C. Sasidhar, T. Bala Krishna Development and Evaluation of Controlled Release Verapamil Hydrochloride Pellets by PAN Coating Process; 2013; 7(1): 535-543
17. J. Sahoo, p.N.Murthy, Malik, Formulation of sustained relase dosage form of Verapamil Hydrochloride by solid dispesion technique using Eudragit RLPO or Kollidon SR, AAPS Pharn Sci Tech. 2009: 10(1): 27-33 doi: 10.1208/12249-008-9175-0