Swapnil S Chopade, Esther Gaikwad, Avdhut Jadhav, Nikhil Patil, Santosh Payghan
Swapnil S Chopade1*, Esther Gaikwad1, Avdhut Jadhav2, Nikhil Patil3, Santosh Payghan4
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Tatyasaheb Kore College of Pharmacy, Warananagar, Panhala, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India 416114.
2Department of Pharmaceutics, Ashokrao Mane College of Pharmacy, Peth Vadgaon, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India 416112.
3Vasantidevi Patil Institute of Pharmacy, Kodoli, Panhala, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India 416114.
4Principal Vasantidevi Patil Institute of Pharmacy, Kodoli, Panhala, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India 416114.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
The aim of this investigation is to formulate and characterize FDTs Formulations for physicochemical properties like Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and Fourier Transformed Infra Red Spectroscopy (FTIR) characterized the interactive powder sample mixture. Rapidly disintegrating tablets were formulated by direct compression method. For disintegration time, hardness, friability, tensile strength, weight variation and in vitro release studies, the Fast disintegrating tablets have been evaluated. During the FDT process, FTIR indicated that there was no chemical reaction between the two species (drug and excipients). In all concentrations tested in the fast dissolving tablet formulation, the interactive mixture was found to be effective. In the case of interactive mixing, disintegration time (DT) of less than 30 seconds was observed. In pharmaceutical applications, FDTs can be used as a better option.
Cite this article:
Swapnil S Chopade, Esther Gaikwad, Avdhut Jadhav, Nikhil Patil, Santosh Payghan. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Disintegrating Tenoxicam Tablets and The Comparison with Marketed Product. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(4):257-263. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00046.6
Swapnil S Chopade, Esther Gaikwad, Avdhut Jadhav, Nikhil Patil, Santosh Payghan. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Disintegrating Tenoxicam Tablets and The Comparison with Marketed Product. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(4):257-263. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00046.6 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-10-4-4
1. Nidhi M. Haematological and hypoglycemic potential Anethum graveolens seeds extract in normal and diabetic Swiss albino mice. Veterinary World. 6 (8); 2013: 502-507.
2. Ebrahim AO, Heidar T, Iraj K, Mohammad TG. Dill tablet: A potential antioxidant and anti-diabetic medicine. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 5 (9); 2015: 720-727.
3. Fatemeh H, Mehernoosh Z, Fatemeh B, Kambiz AA, Golnaz A. The effects of anethum graveolens (dill) powder supplementation on glycemic control, lipid profile, some antioxidants and inflammatory markers, and gastrointestinal symptoms in type 2 diabetic patients: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Journal of Isfahan Medical School. 32 (320); 2015: 2473-2483.
4. Majid M, Laleh P, Alireza O, Yasir Kb, Mohammad. AJ, Sepide. Mahluji. Anethum graveolens Supplementation Improves Insulin Sensitivity and Lipid Abnormality in Type 2 Diabetic Patients. Pharmaceutical sciences. 20 (45); 2014: 40-45.
5. Askari M, Hosseini SA. Effect of Hydroalcoholic Extracts of Anethum graveolens L. with Swimming Training on Lipid Profile of Diabetic Rats. Iranian Journal of Medicinal And Aromatic Plants. 22 (4); 2016: 345-351.
6. Laleha P, Alireza O, Majid M, Yaser Kb, Mohammad AJ, Ali BM, Sepide M. Anethum graveolens L. supplementation has the inflammatory effect in type 2 diabetic patients. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge. 13 (3); 2014: 461-465.
7. Amir R, Samira G, Aliakbar HJ, Mostafa D. The effect of 4-weeks aerobic training according with the usage of Anethum Graveolens on blood sugar and lipoproteins profile of diabetic women. Annals of Biological Research. 3 (9); 2012: 4313-4319.
8. Mohammad TG, Iraj K, Heidar T, Ebrahim sAO. The Role of Anethum graveolens L. (Dill) in the Management of Diabetes. Journal of Tropical Medicine. 2016: 1-11.
9. Ebrahim AO, Iraj K, Fatemeh M, Mozafar K, Heidar T, Mohammad TG. Methanolic Extract of Dill Leaves inhibits AGEs Formation and Shows Potential Hepatoprotective Effects in CCl4 Induced Liver Toxicity in Rat. Journal of pharmaceutics. 2017: 1-9.
10. Masoume R, Azam B, Vahid N, Mandana S, Sattar O , Maryam Y, Mario G. Antinociceptive Properties of Hydro-Alcoholic Extracts of Anrthum graveolens L. (dill) Seed and Aerial Parts in Mice. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology. 3 (2); 2013: 1-4.
11. Mahdi AB, Marziyeh S, Hadi S, Mehdi H. The effect of endurance training and hydroalcoholic extract of Anethum Graveolens L. (dill) on biochemical cardiovascular risk factors in obese male rats. Journal of Basic Research in Medical Science. 6 (4); 2019: 1-11.
12. Ebrahim AO, Iraj K, Heidar T, Mohammad TG. Effect of dill tablet (Anethum graveolens L) on antioxidant status and biochemical factors on carbon tetrachloride-induced liver damage on rat. International Journal of Applied and Basic Medical Research. 6 (2); 2016: 111-114.
13. Heamalatha S, Swarnalatha S, Divya M, Gandhi LR, Ganga DA, Gomathi E. Pharmacognostical, Pharmacological, Investigation on Anethum Graveolens Linn. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2 (4); 2011: 564-574.
14. Malihezaman M, Aazam G, Sanaz A, Elham A. Effects of Anethum graveolens L. (dill) on Oocyte and Fertility of Adult Feamle Rats. Journal of Reproduction and Infertility. 16 (1); 2015:10-17.
15. Ali Esmail A. The pharmacological importance of Anethum graveolens. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 6(4); 2014: 11-13.
16. Virendra SR, Maria AB. Chemical Composition of the Essential Oil of Anethum graveolens Aerial Parts. Journal of essential oil-bearing plants. 17(6); 2014: 1219-1223.
17. Imad HM. Use of Anethum graveolens in the management of patients with irritable Bowel Syndrome. Mustansiriya Medical Journal. 11 (1); 2012: 94-98.
18. Sebnem SI, Ayten S. Antioxidant potential of different dill (Anethum graveolens L.) leaf extracts. International Journal of Food Properties. 14; 2011: 894-902.
19. Ljiljana PS, Mihajlo. ZS, Dragon JC, B. R. Danilović, JC, Bojana RD. Dill (Anethum graveolens L.) seeds essential oil as a potential natural antioxidant and antimicrobial agent. Journal of Biological sciences. 7 (1); 2016: 31-39.
20. Mahmobeh H, Durdi Q, Ahmad T, Mohammad R, Karimollah. HT. Effects of Anethum graveolens, Urtica dioica, Milk thistle Aqueous Extract and Deferoxamine on total iron binding capacity, iron and ferritin levels. International Journal of Research in Applied and Basic Medical Sciences. (1); 2019:36- 43.