Diabetic mellitus is chronic disease that is associated with long term complication. This research gives information regarding the herbal drugs will cure the diabetic complication in patient. Herbal antidiabetic drug treat diabetic mellitus by lowering glucose level in blood and they increase the insulin amount secreted by the pancreases. In this research mostly the garlic shows the antidiabetic action in that garlic the allion is chemical component responsible to decrease glucose level in blood. When the diabetic patient getting affected by any type of injury then the neem is act as wound healing property and also it has anti-hyperglycaemic activity. In this research we were formulated herbal antidiabetic drug from garlic and Neem and evaluation were perform such as disintegration test, Dissolution test, Hardness test, angle of repose and friability test.
Cite this article:
Sable Kundan Dattatraya, Sable Kiran Dattatray, Kathwate Ganesh Sunil, Mane Snehal Suryakant. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Antidiabetic Tablet. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):145-148. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00027.2
Sable Kundan Dattatraya, Sable Kiran Dattatray, Kathwate Ganesh Sunil, Mane Snehal Suryakant. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Antidiabetic Tablet. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):145-148. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00027.2 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-10-3-4
1. Brijiyog, A. S. (2019). Antidiabetic activity of newly formulated oral polyherbal tablet in alloxan induced Diabetic rat. Journal of Clinical Toxicology, 9, 1-5.
2. Chandraprakash Dwivedi, S. D. (2013). Herbal Drug and polyherbal formulation used for Diabetes. The Journal of Pharmacology, 44-51.
3. D.K Shrivastava, K. s. (2014). Antifungal activity of Azadirachta indica, Extraction of Neem. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 3(5), 306.
4. Gurudeeban Seivaraj, S. K. (2015). Formu;ation and evaluation of tabletfrom antidiabetic alkaloid glycosin. Journal of Medical Science, 15(1)(ISSN 1682-4474), 18-24.
5. Handa SS, K. S. (2008). Extraction echnologied for medicinal and aromatic plant. International Center For Science and High Technology, Triesre, 21-25.
6. Harikesh Mayura, T. K. (n.d.). Formulation and evaluation, Standardization of Polyherbal Dispensible Tablet. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics, 11(1).
7. Kataria, U. (2018). Formulation and Evaluation of floating tablet for indomethacin. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 8(4), 338-345.
8. Mathur P, S. K. (2011). An overview on recent Advancement and development in Gastrointestinal Buoyant Drug Delivery System (Vol. 2(1)).
9. Md.Akil Hossain, R. P. (2018). Current Antidiabetic drug: A review of their Efficacy and safety, Nutitional and Therapeutic Interventions for Diabets and Metabolic syndrom (Secound ed.).
10. N, N. (2011). An updated Review on floating drug delivery system, Int. J. App, Pharm.
11. Ofori-Kwalkye, K. (2010, Sep-oct). Formulation and evaluation , Standardization of two convetional release tablet formulation. 4, 94-99.
12. Ofori-Kwalkye, k. (2010, sep-oct). Formulation and quality evaluation of two conventional release tablet formulation. 4(1), 94-99.
13. Sigh, V. P. (2016). An overview on anti-diabetic drug and Development. Science and Technology Journal, 113-123.
14. Sonal Sahu, R. D. (2019). Formulation and evaluation of sustain release matrix tablet of atenolol. Jounal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutic, 9(1), 183-189.
15. Staniforth J, P. F. (2002). Pharmaceutical the Science of Dosage Form Design. London: Churchill Livingstone.
16. Tiwari P, K. B. (2011). Phytochemical screening and Extraction. A Review Int. Pharm Science, 1(1), 98-106.