Obesity medication being costly needs to be evaluated through Economical Prospect. Less availability and more withdrawals of anti-obesity medications resulted in raise in the prices in the past two decades. The present review work tries to analyze the economical prospect of obesity medications. Moreover, the side effects being the major cause of withdrawals of these anti-obesity drugs are also being highlightened.
Cite this article:
Deepak Prashar, Palvinder Singh. Obesity Medications: Pharmaco-Economical Outline. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):195-198. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00037.5
Deepak Prashar, Palvinder Singh. Obesity Medications: Pharmaco-Economical Outline. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):195-198. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00037.5 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-10-3-14
3. Segula D. Complications of obesity in adults: A short review of the literature. Malawi Med J. 2014; 26(1): 20–24.
4. Oh T.J. The Role of Anti-Obesity Medication in Prevention of Diabetes and Its Complications. J Obes Metab Syndr. 2019; 28(3):158-166
5. Sahu R.K, Prashar D. Current Treatment Strategies for Obesity Including Indian Scenario. Asian J Pharm. 2016 (Suppl); 10 (3): S342-S349.
6. Sahu R.K, Prashar D. Efficacy of Metformin in Obese young people In Secondary care: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis from Randomized Controlled Trials. Int J Chemtech Res. 2017;10(10): 356-360.
7. Theodoulou A, Krishnan J, Aromataris E. Risk of complications in patients who are obese following upper limb arthroplasty: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Obes Res Clin Pract. 2020;14(1): 9-26.
8. Prashar D, Sahu R.K. A Methodological Analysis on Obesity. Int J Life Sci Scienti Res 2015; 1(1): 12-14.
9. Kumar DB, Chand S, Parashar B, Sharma D, Dhamija H. Effect of Obesity on Fertility in Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Asian J Res Pharm Sci. 2011; 1(4): 127-130.
10. Chandrakala M. Lifestyle Modification to Combat Adolescent Obesity. Asian J Nur Edu Res 2011; 1(3): 82-84.
11. Anilkumar B, Jarali G, Radhakrishnan. Stress, Obesity and Selected Health Problems among Professionals. Asian J Nur Edu Res 2013; 3(3): 154-163.
12. Edna Sweenie J. A New Approach to Assess the Health Benefits of Obesity Prevention Interventions among School Children in Chennai, Tamilnadu. Asian J Nur Edu Res 2013; 3(4): 216-218.
13. Balakrishnan P, Sharma S, Chandrakar R. A Descriptive Survey to Assess the Knowledge of School Children Regarding Obesity and its Complication in selected School at Raipur. Asian J Nur Edu Res 2013; 3(4): 237-239.
14. Thressia P.A, Kumar R. Effect of Sleep Duration on Obesity and the Glycemic level in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. Asian J Nur Edu Res 2014; 4(4): 502-507.
15. Khan M.Y, Gupta P, Bihari B, Verma V.K. A Review on Diabetes and Its Management. Asian J Pharm Res 2013; 3(1): 27-32.
16. Mewada P.S, Patel C.K, Rami C.S, Patel H.U, Patel C.N. New Emerging Targets for Obesity. Asian J Res Chem 2010; 3(2): 278-287.
17. Radhakrishnan S.A. Advanced Maternal Weight. Int J Adv Nur Management 2016; 4(2): 153-160.
18. Tripathi K. Herbs for Obesity: A Review. Res J Pharmaco Phytochem 2009; 1(2): 103-108.
19. Prashar D, Saklani S. Pharmaceutical and Economical Aspects of Medicinal Herbs: An Overview. Res J Pharmaco Phytochem 2011; 3(5):187-190.
20. Vyasa B. Obesity in India – The Omnipresent Influence. Res J Pharmaco Pharmacodyn 2013; 5(4). 220-226.
21. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Guidelines on over-weight and obesity: the electronic textbook. Assessment of weight and body fat.
22. Fujioka K, Lee M.W. Pharmacologic Treatment Options for Obesity: Current and Potential Medications. Nutr Clin Prac 2007; 22(1):50–54.
23. Kaplan L.M. Pharmacological Therapies for Obesity. Gastroent Clin North Am 2005; 34(1): 91–104.
24. Koithan M, Sutherland E. Naturopathic Treatment of Obesity. J Nur Practi 2009; 5(9): 693-694.
25. Eldor J, Kotlovker V, Kotlovker S. Electroconvulsive Therapy for Obesity Treatment. Open J Anesth 2014; 4:68-71.
26. Jacob J.J, Isaac R. Behavioral Therapy for Management of Obesity. Ind J Endo Met 2012; 16(1):28-32.
27. Gao M. Gene Therapy for Obesity: Progress and Prospect. Dis Med 2014; 17(96); 319-328.
28. Li M, Cheung B.M. Pharmacotherapy for Obesity. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2009; 68:804-810.
30. Hadler A.J. Studies of Aminorex, A New Anorexigenic Agent. J Clin Pharmacol J New Drugs 1967; 7(5):296–302.