Background: Emulgel is a topical preparation prepared by the mixture of an emulsion and a gel. Emulgel is considered as one of the most important topical delivery systems because it consists of two release control systems, i.e., a gel and an emulsion. The primary intention of this new topical delivery system is to deliver hydrophobic drugs into systemic circulation through the skin. By applying a suitable statistical design, different grades of emulgel can be prepared. There are various favorable properties. Therefore, emulgel is considered as the most conventional system available in the market over other topical drug delivery systems.
Objectives: In the present work an attempt was made to prepare emulgel of garlic oil and ajwain oil for enhancing its topical delivery. Material and Method: Emulgel formulation was characterized by various parameters like pH, viscosity, spredability, Extrudability, microbiological Assay.
Cite this article:
Sakshi Sanjay Patil., Pallavi Arjun Patil., Rutuja. R. Shah. Overview on Emulgel and their marketed Formulations. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2023; 13(4):330-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2023.00056
Sakshi Sanjay Patil., Pallavi Arjun Patil., Rutuja. R. Shah. Overview on Emulgel and their marketed Formulations. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2023; 13(4):330-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2023.00056 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-4-11
1. Santhosh Anasuri, Pavanisriram, Amritpal Singh, Gurpal Singh, Ashish Suttee. A Review on The Development and Evaluation of Plants Based Emulgel Formulations. Vol.6 , issue 1.
2. Shikha Baghel Chauhan. Formulation and Evaluation of Emulgel for the treatment of Acne. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(8):3598-3602.
3. Prajkata K. Khule, Ritu M. Gilhotra, Manoj M. Nitalikar, Varun V. More. Formulation and Evalution of Itracanazole Emulgel for various fungal infections. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics. 13(1) :| 19.
4. Beedha. Saraswathi, SK. Shabana, D. Ramya Sri, D.Anantha Lakshmi, M. Shivaji, T, Satyanarayana. Formulation and Characterization of Tramadol Emulgel. Research J. Topical and Cosmetic Sci. 2017; 8(2): 53-60.
5. Pratiksha V. Shrikhande. Formulation and Evaluation of Polyherbal Topical Anti-Inflammatory Emulgel. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2013; 6(1): 118-122.
6. Prahudas Papagari, Anie Vijetha. A Review on Emulgel : As a Novel Topical Drug Delivery System. Journal of Pharmaceutics and Nanotechnology. 9(1).
7. Brijesh Mahesh Patel, Ashwin Bhanudas Kuchekar and Saish Rajendra Pawar. Emulgel Approach to Formulation Development- A Review. Biosciences Biotechnology Research Asia. 18(3): 459-465.
8. K. Raju, G. Sneha, Rokayya khatoon, M. Ashwini, G. Shirisha, B, Ajay and B. Raja Narendra. Formulation and Evalution of Ornidazole Topical Emulgel. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 8(7): 1179-1197.
9. Satyendra Mishra, Jay Narayan Mishra, D K Vishwakarma, Gulzar Aalm, Abhay Pratap Singh, Amit Kumar Shukla, Wajahat Ullah Khan, Priyanka Maurya. A Review on Formulation Development and Evaluation of Novel Topical Emulgel (An Overview). 149-154.
10. Eswaraiah S., Swetha K., Lohita M., P. Jaya Preethi, B. Priyanka, Kiran Kumar Reddy. Emulgel: Review on Novel Approach to Topical Drug Delivery. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2014; 4(1): 04-11.
11. Sahil Hasan, Saloni Bhandari, Anshu Sharma, Poonam Garg. Emulgel: A Review. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(4):263-8.
12. Girjesh Vishwakarma, Aakash Singh Panwar, Nirmal Dongre. Emulgel: A Novel Technique for Transdermal Drug Delivery. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2023; 14(1): 20-8.
13. Sreevidya V.S An overview on emulgel. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Phytopharmacological Reasearch. 9(1), 92-97.
14. Suyash Ingle, Varsha Tegeli, Baburao Chandakavate, Vinod Matole, Onkar Kirdak, Ganesh Gophane, Shivraj Tonape, Avinash Birajdar, Saurabh Nangare, Sagar adlinge, Swaminath Ramanshetti, Kuldeep Yadav, Akhil Patil, Ashwini Khare, Sneha Ubale, Vaishnavi Dulange, Bhavana habib, Jyoti Mittha. A Brief Review Onemulgel – A Novel Topical Drug Delivery System. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2021; 13(1):25-30.
15. S.Z. Chemate and Rahul M. Anbhule. Formulation and Evalution of Terbinafine Hydrochloride Film forming Emulgel. International Journal of Drug Research and Technology. 6(3): 164-174.
16. Rishu Yadav, Narendra Kumar Pandey, Rajiv Kukkar, Deepika Dutta, Preeti Avasthi, Monika Rana, Swati Modgil. Emulgel A Reliable System for Topical Delivery of Lipophilic Drugs in Present Scenario: Review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2845-8.
17. N. Krishna Veni, P. Yashwanthi, B. Hemalatha, K. Padmalatha. A Review on Emulgels as a Novel Approach for Topical Drug Delivery. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(2):163-8.
18. Satya Lakshmi S, Divya R, Srinivasa Rao Y, Kamala Kumari PV, Deepthi K. Emulgel-Novel Trend in Topical Drug Delivery System - Review Article. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2903-6.
19. Maneesh Banyal and Swati Joshi. Emulgel: And Enormous Approach for Topical Delivery of Hydrophobic Drugs", World Journal of Pharmaceutics Research. 9(13): 529-550.