Sanket Nikam, Prakash Jadhav, Bharti Chaudhari, Atish Velhal
Sanket Nikam, Prakash Jadhav, Bharti Chaudhari, Atish Velhal
Yashoda Shikshan Prasarak Mandal, Yashoda Technical Campus, Faculty of Pharmacy, Wadhe, Satara.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
Pulsatile delivery helps in providing the drug at an exact moment based on the disease's pathophysiology that cause improved patient therapeutic efficacy. Drug release rapidly after specific lag time this are advantage for many diseases condition. This system is designed according the body's circadian rhythm and after a lag time, the medication is released fast and totally as a pulse. Pulsatile delivery systems helpful in disease include asthma, arthritis, attention deficient syndrome, peptic ulcer and hypercholesterolemia. These systems are useful for diseases with chrono pharmacological behavior that necessitate nighttime administration, medications with a high first pass effect or GIT site specific absorption, and drugs with a high risk of toxicity or tolerance. By reducing dosing frequency, these devices help increase patient compliance. The foundation for this article is the disease that treat by pulsatile delivery system with drug used for specific disease condition and chrono pharmacology of all disease that mention in article.
Cite this article:
Sanket Nikam, Prakash Jadhav, Bharti Chaudhari, Atish Velhal. Pulsatile Delivery of Drug for a Range of Diseases. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(4):329-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2022.00056
Sanket Nikam, Prakash Jadhav, Bharti Chaudhari, Atish Velhal. Pulsatile Delivery of Drug for a Range of Diseases. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(4):329-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2022.00056 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-4-12
1. Rewar S. Pulsatile Drug Delivery System: An Overview. 2015; (March).
2. Reddy JRK, Jyothsna MV, Saleem TSM, Chetty CMS. Review on: Pulsatile Drug Delivery Systems Review On: Pulsatile Drug Delivery Systems of drug after a lag time. i.e., Chronopharmacotherapy of diseases which shows Circadian rhythms in there. 2009; (July 2015).
3. Rupali V. Khankari, Sneha M. Umale. A Review on Pulsatile Drug Delivery System. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2020; 10(2): 121-124.
4. Sanjay S. Jain, Hemanshu V. Agarwal, Pramod S. Jagtap, Neha M. Dand, Kisan R. Jadhav, Vilasrao J. Kadam. Pulsatile drug delivery system (PDDS): A Brief Overview. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 5(4): April 2012; Page 449-461.
5. Krishna M, Semwal BC, Neelam S, Ruqsana K, Shravan P. Chrono pharmacology: As A Therapy for Cardiovascular Disease. 2012;1(3): 6–15.
6. Sneha Dubey. Circadian Rhythm. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2019; 7(1): 112-114.
7. Patil SV. Pulsatile drug delivery system for chronopharmacological disorders: an overview. 2014; (September).
8. Martin RJ, Banks-schlegel S. NHLBI Workshop Summary Chronobiology of Asthma. 1(6).
9. M. Sukanya, V. Saikishore, P.Y. Shanmukha, K. Srikanth. Novel Approaches for Pulsatile Drug Delivery System. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2012; 4(4): 197-201.
10. Garg AK, Kumar A, Rani S, Singh M, Sharma A, Kumar R. Formulation and Evaluation of Chronotherapeutic Pulsatile Drug Delivery System Containing Rabeprazole Sodium. 2017;7(02): 93–100.
11. Tamilanban. T, Mohamedmajeed. A, Chitra. V. Overview of Chronopharmacology. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(9): 4457-4463.
12. Amritha R., Sivakumar R., Y. Haribabu. A Review on Pulsatile Drug Delivery System: Drug Scheduling based on Biological Rhythm. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(3): 1359-4.
13. Shrivastava A. Pulsatile Drug Delivery Systems: A Case Of Beta-Blockers. 2019; 12(3).
14. Pragya Baghel, Amit Roy, Shashikant Chandrakar, Sanjib Bahadur. Pulsatile Drug Delivery System: A Promising Delivery System. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2013; 5(3): 111-114.
15. Haribansh Narayan Singh, Shivangi Saxena, Sunil Singh, Ajit Kumar Yadav. Pulsatile Drug Delivery System: Drugs used in the Pulsatile Formulations. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2013; 5(3): 115-121.
16. Adhikari C, Kulkarni GS, Swamy S. Formulation and evaluation of pulsatile drug delivery system of salbutamol sulfate for the chronotherapy of asthma Formulation and Evaluation of Pulsatile Drug Delivery System of Salbutamol Sulfate for The Chronotherapy of Asthma. 2018; (September).
17. Popova T, Ventsislavov Dimitrov M. Formulation Approaches to Pulsatile-Release Chronotherapeutical Drug Delivery System with Montelukast Sodium. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences SJIF Impact Factor 6 [Internet]. 2016;5(1):1–17. Available from: www.wjpps.com
18. Rana PI, Patel MJ, Khetani N v, Oza CJ. Pulsatile Drug Delivery System of Theophylline for the Treatment of Nocturnal Asthma. 2015; 5(2271): 579–88.
19. Rhythm C, Dependent T. Kaur and Bala, 2013;4(1): 90–102.
20. Muzib YI, Jitendra P, Kishore VS, Sandeep M, Babu MS, Mallikharjuna P. Design and Development of chronopharmaceutical Drug Delivery of Lansoprazole. YI Muzib, V Sai Kishore, M Sandeep, M Suresh Babu - Journal of Design and Development of chronopharmaceutical Drug Delivery of Lansoprazole. 2016; (January 2014).
21. Marelli S, Pace F. Rabeprazole for the treatment of acid-related disorders. Vol. 6, Expert Review of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2012. p. 423–35.
22. Smolensky MH, Portaluppi F, Ferrara H. Human chronobiology: Concepts and principles Chronopharmacology and chronotherapy of cardio-vascular medications: Relevance to prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease. 1999.
23. Jagdale SC, Suryawanshi VM, Pandya S v., Kuchekar BS, Chabukswar AR. Development of press-coated, floating-pulsatile drug delivery of lisinopril. Scientia Pharmaceutica. 2014; 82(2): 423–40.
24. Jain D, Raturi R, Jain V, Bansal P, Singh R. Recent technologies in pulsatile drug delivery systems. 2011; (July).
25. Basu VR. Design and Characterization of Pulsatile Drug Delivery System for Metoprolol Succinate [Internet]. Vol. 1, Compr Phar. 2014. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/273768593
26. Singh S, Singh SP, Singh Y, Gupta D, Sciences P. Chronopharmacology: Recent Advancements in the Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus through Chronotherapy. 2017; (January).
27. Singh S, Koland M. Formulation and Evaluation of Pulsatile Drug Delivery Systems of Glipizide for the Management of Type-II Diabetes Mellitus. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2016 Jan 15; 6(1).
28. Parvathaneni V. Overview on Chronopharmaceutical Drug Delivery System. 2019; (June 2014).
29. Kumar J, Misra G. Preparation and Evaluation of Pulsatile DRUG Delivery of Fluvastatin Sodium. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/301679295
30. Development F, Of E, Drug P, Systems D, Pravastatin FOR, Tablets P. European of Biomedical AND Pharmaceutical sciences Formulation Development and Evaluation of Pulsatile Drug Delivery Systems for Pravastatin Presscoated Tablets. 2019; 6(10): 427–39.
31. Bruguerolle B, Simon N. Biologic Rhythms and Parkinson’s Disease: A Chronopharmacologic Approach to Considering Fluctuations in Function. 2002