K. Nagasree, K. Pallavi, Ramya Sri S
K. Nagasree1*, K. Pallavi1, Ramya Sri S2
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Samskruti College of Pharmacy, Affiliated to JNTUH University, Hyderabad 501301, Telangana, India.
2Department of Pharmacy, University College of Technology, Osmania University, Hyderabad – 500 007, Telangana, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
Niosomes are the non-ionic surfactant vesicles obtained on hydration of synthetic non-ionic surfactants. These are the promising vehicles for effective transdermal drug delivery. The present research work was aimed to develop niosomal-based transdermal Clozapine patch containing a stable formulation with improved drug permeation. Niosomes were prepared by solvent casting method. All the formulations were evaluated for vesicle size, zeta potential and percent entrapment efficiency. All the patches were then characterized for thickness, folding endurance, drug content determination, Flatness, and in vitro permeation studies. F3 formulation having optimum vesicle size (2.6?m), highest zeta potential (-32.56mV) and maximum percent entrapment efficiency (98.09%) was selected as optimized formulation. The transdermal patch was prepared using solvent casting method from the optimised niosomes formulation F3 formulation. The prepared optimised niosomes F3 formulation were loaded into the patch formulation. Patches loaded with niosomes (F3NT3) showed 95.78 % cumulative amount of drug permeated. The optimized formulation (F3NT3) followed first order release kinetics.
Cite this article:
K. Nagasree, K. Pallavi, Ramya Sri S. Preparation and Evaluation of Niosomal Transdermal Patch of Clozapine. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2023; 13(1):13-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2023.00003
K. Nagasree, K. Pallavi, Ramya Sri S. Preparation and Evaluation of Niosomal Transdermal Patch of Clozapine. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2023; 13(1):13-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2023.00003 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-1-3
1. Priyanka P. Atodariya, Hasumati A. Raj, Vineet C. Jain. Simultaneous Estimation of Lamotrigine and Clozapine by Simultaneous equation method in their Synthetic Mixture which use in Schizophrenia. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(2): April-June 2015; Page 79-85. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2015.00013.7
2. Aiyalu Rajasekaran, Tamilarasan Arulsolomon, Joghee Dharuman. Validated HPLC Method for the Analysis of Clozapine in Rat Plasma and its Application to Pharmacokinetics. Asian J. Research Chem. 6(7): July 2013; Page 654-658.
3. N. Sravanthi, Alekhya, I. Vikram Reddy. Formulation and Evaluation of Mouth Dissolving Tablets of Clozapine by Direct Compression Method. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(8): 2543-2550. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00450.4
5. Pooja S. Awate, Tejashree P. Pimple, Jeeja F. Pananchery, Ashish S. Jain. Formulation and Evaluation of Berberine HCl as Niosomal Drug Delivery System. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(3):149-159. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2020.00027.1
6. Neha Sharma, Tarun Kumar Sharma, Archana Chaudhary, Vinay Pandit, M. S. Ashawat. A Detailed Review on Fast Dissolving Niosomal Films for Sublingual Drug Delivery. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2022; 14(2):163-0. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00026
7. Sunder Raj Manvi, V. R. M. Gupta, K. Srikanth, N. Devanna. Formulation and Evaluation of Candesartan Niosomal Suspension. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 5(12): Dec. 2012; Page 1570-1572.
8. Surendra S Agrawal, Pravina N Gurjar, Ashwini Mutke. DOE based Formulation development and Evaluation of Niosomal dispersion of Pregabalin. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(9):3912-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00655
9. Ashish Kute, Prakash Goudanavar, Doddayya Hiremath, S.R. Reddy. Development and Characterization of Perindopril Erbumine Loaded Proniosomal Gel. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2(2): April-June 2012; Page 54-58.
10. Nasrina Abdin, Bhanu Pratap Sahu, Sheikh Sofiur Rahman. A Review on Formulation and Evaluation of Nanoniosomal Topical gel of Paclitaxel for skin cancer. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2849-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00476
11. Rutvik P. Parmar, Ramesh B. Parmar. Conceptual Aspects of Vesicular Drug Delivery System with Special Reference to Niosome. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 3(2): April-June. 2013; Page 52-59.
12. Nakkala Balaji, V. Sai Kishore , Kasani Hari Krishna Gouda.. Niosomes-Promising Drug Carrier: A Review . Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2011; 3(2): 42-47.