The aim of the present work is to develop and evaluate sustained release matrix tablets of Oxcarbazepine. Oxcarbazepine use as monotherapy or adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures in adults with epilepsy and as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures in children ages 4-16 with epilepsy. Total 9 formulations were prepared trail batches. The formulation was evaluated for various pre compression and post compression parameters. All the formulations showed compliance with the pharmacopoeia standards. On the basis of evaluated parameters formulation F6 was considered to be best one. Formulation F6 containing polymer Ethyl cellulose showed 98.72% in-vitro drug release profile. The release data for formulation F6 was fitted to various mathematical models like zero order, first order, krosmeyer peppas andHiguchi model. It was observed that drug follows zero order model.
Cite this article:
Y. Krishna Reddy, Gazala Nousheen. Formulation and Evaluation of Oxcarbazepine Sustained release Matrix tablets. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):161-164. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00031.4
Y. Krishna Reddy, Gazala Nousheen. Formulation and Evaluation of Oxcarbazepine Sustained release Matrix tablets. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):161-164. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00031.4 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-10-3-8
1. Singh Surya Pratap, Soni Shankar Lal, Khinchi Mahaveer Prasad, Gulia Ritu, Namdev Abhisek. A Brief Review on Sustained Release Matrix Tablets of Baclofen. 01/12/2014.
2. Chien Y. W., “Novel Drug Delivery System” (IInd Edn), Revised and Expanded, 1992, p.no.139-140.
3. Remington, “The Science and Practice of Pharmacy”, 20th Edn, Vol. I, p.no.903-913
4. Brahmankar D. M. and Jaiswal S. B. in “Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics”, "A Treatise,” Vallabh Prakashan, 1st edn, 1995, p.no. 347- 352.
5. Lee V. H., Robinson J. R. in, “Sustained and Controlled Release Drug Delivery System” Marcel Dekker, New York, p.no. 71-121.,138-171.