R. R. Shinde, B. P. Chaudhari, A. B. Velhal, V. K. Redasani
R. R. Shinde*, B. P. Chaudhari, A. B. Velhal, V. K. Redasani
Yashoda Shikshan Prasarak Mandal’s, Yashoda Technical Campus, Faculty of Pharmacy, Wadhe NH4, Satara. 415011.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
In the area of solubility enhancement, several problems are encountered. Pharmacosomes are a new technology based on lipid drug carriers. Pharmacosomes are colloidal, vesicles, nanometric size micelles or a hexagonal arrangement of colloidal drug dispersions covalently attached to the phospholipid. Because of their unique properties such as active drug loading, small size, high entrapment efficiency, amphiphilicity and stability, they act as a precise drug carrier. They contribute to the controlled release of medicament at the action site, as well as the reduction of therapy cost, increased bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs, decrease toxicity and drug leakage. There has been an advancement in the scope of this delivery system for a number of drugs used for cancer, heart diseases, inflammation and protein delivery besides with a large number of herbal drugs. Pharmacosomes offer new opportunities and challenges for developing a more effective new vesicular drug delivery system.
Cite this article:
R. R. Shinde, B. P. Chaudhari, A. B. Velhal, V. K. Redasani. Pharmacosome as a Vesicular Drug Delivery System. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(4):291-6. doi: 0.52711/2231-5659.2022.00050
R. R. Shinde, B. P. Chaudhari, A. B. Velhal, V. K. Redasani. Pharmacosome as a Vesicular Drug Delivery System. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(4):291-6. doi: 0.52711/2231-5659.2022.00050 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-4-6
1. Kumbhar P, Shinde T, Jadhav T, Gavade T, Sorate T, Mali U, Disouza J, Manjappa A. Pharmacosomes: An approach to improve biopharmaceutical properties of drugs basic considerations in development. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.2021;14(8):4485-4490.
2. Mukherjee PK, Maiti K, Kumar V. Value added drug delivery systems with botanicals: Approach for dosagedevelopment from natural resources. Pharm Rev. 2007;6:57-60.
3. Samuni A, Chong P, Barenholz LGY, Thompson TE. Physical and chemical modifications of adriamycirdroncomplex by phospholipid bilayers. Cancer Res.1986;46:594-599.
4. Tanhuanpaa K, Cheng KH, Anttonen K. Characteristics of pyrene phospholipid/g-cyclodextrin complex. Biophys J. 2001;81(9):1501-1510.
5. RoohiK, DilipKP, Anupam S, Vikas K, Bhaskar M. Ethosomes: A novel approach for transdermal and topical drug delivery. Research J. Topical and Cosmetic Sci.2015;6(1):15-20.
6. Kshitij BM, Suraj RW. Niosomes: A novel drug delivery system. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2013;3(1):15-19.
7. Nilesh VK, Vijay RM. Ethosomes: A novel drug carrier. Res. J. Topical and Cosmetic Sci. 2013;4(1):84-91.
8. Gondkar SB, Nikita SM, Saudagar RB. An overview on trends and development of niosomes as drug delivery. Research J. Topical and Cosmetic Sci. 2016;7(2):79-85.
9. Semalty A, Semalty M, Rawat BS, Singh D, Rawat MS. Pharmacosomes: the lipid-based new drug delivery system. Expert Opin. Drug Delivery. 2009;6:599-612.
10. Pathak K, Keshri L, Shah M. Lipid nanocarriers: influence of lipids on product development and pharmacokinetics. Crit. Rev. Ther. Drug Carrier Syst.2011;28:357-393.
11. Selvaraju K, Vengadesh PK, Karthick K, Padma Preetha J, Arul Kumaran K.S.G. Pharmacosomes: An Immense Potential Vesicular Constructs. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2011;3(3):84-86.
12. Nilesh V.K, Vijay RM. Ethosomes: A novel drug carrier. Res. J. Topical and Cosmetic Sci. 2013;4(1):84-91.
13. Singh VK,Patel A, Chandra D, Yadav KK, pharmacosomes: a novel carrier for targeted and controlled vesicular drug delivery system. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2014;(3)5:1221-1238.
14. Sultana SK,Sindhuri TK,Parveen P,Mahathi K. An updated overview on pharmacosomes. International journal of Universal pharmacy and Bio Science. 2014;3(3):710-731.
15. Ali Gamal Ahmed Al-kaf, Ahmad Mohammed Othman. A review on pharmacosomes: an emerging novel vesicular drug delivery system. Universal Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2017; 2(1):33-36.
16. Nikita D.Raut I, NitalikarM, Shrinivas K. Mohite C, Magdum S. Pharmacosomes as Drug Delivery System: An Overview. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2011;11(2):122-127.
17. Negi K,Kumar K, Teotia T. Pharmacosomes: a novel drug delivery system. Ijmpr. 2020;4(5):75-79.
18. Pandita A, Sharma P. Pharmacosomes: An Emerging Novel Vesicular Drug DeliverySystem for Poorly Soluble Synthetic and Herbal Drugs. Hindawi Publishing Corporation. 2013;1-10
19. Soniya L, Kattyar , Pravin SP, Sachin VP, Satwashila SK. Phytosomes and Recent research on Phytosomal Drugs. Asian Journal Pharmaceutical Analysis.2022;12(1):61-69.
20. Tabasum SM, Monika ST, Yogita R, Manoj N. Liposomes as a Drug carrier. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical science. 2019;9(2):141-147.
21. Little A, Levy R, Chuaqui-kidd P, Hand D. Double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of high-dose lecithin in Alzheimer’s disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatary 1985;48:736-742.
22. Selvaraju K, Vengadesh PK, Karthick K, Padma Preetha J, Arul Kumaran K.S.G. Pharmacosomes: An Immense Potential Vesicular Constructs. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2011;3(3):84-86.
23. Nilesh V.K, Vijay RM. Ethosomes: A novel drug carrier. Res. J. Topical and Cosmetic Sci. 2013;4(1):84-91.
24. Saha D, Mridha D, Kayal S, Beura S. Overview on Liposomes as Drugs Carrier. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2010;2(6):370-373.
25. Suraj RW, Abhishek DD, Mohan AU, Rahul MB, Dhaval PG, Rinkesh RM, Syed MF. Liposome as a drug delivery system: A review. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2012;4(2):104-112.
26. Yogita R, Shital S, Aishwarya P, Manojkumar N, Shrinivas M. Phytosomes: A novel approach in herbal drug delivery system. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2018;8(3):151-154.
27. Shepherd RW, Bunting PS, Khan M, Hill JG, Soldin SJ, Gall DG. A rapid, sensitive method for accurate analysis of individual bile acids in biological fluids by high performance thin layer chromatography and densitometry. Clin. Biochem. 1978;11:106-111.
28. Chirag PJ, Satyanand T, Pinkesh P, Alpesh Y. Phytosomes: A Current Trend for Enhancement of Bioavailability of Polar Phytoconstituents.Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2014;6(1):44-49.
29. Song Y, Zhuang J, Guo J, Xiao Y, Ping Q. Preparation and properties of a silybinphospholipid complex. Die Pharmazie- An Int. J. Pharm. Sci. 2008;63:35-42.
30. Xia HJ, Zhang ZH, Jin X, Hu Q, Chen XY, Jia XB. A novel drug–phospholipid complex enriched with micelles: Preparation and evaluation in vitro and in vivo. Int. J. Nanomed. 2013;545-54.
31. Supraja B, Mulangi S. An updated review on pharmacosomes, a vesicular drug delivery system. J Drug Delivery Ther 2019;9:393-402.
32. Saudagar RB, Samuel S. Ethosomes: Novel noninvasive Carrier for Transdermal Drug Delivery. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology.2016;6(2):135-138.
33. Hada NK, Ashawat MS. Aquasome: A Self Assembling Supramolecular and Nanoparticulate Carrier System for Bio-Actives. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2014;6(1):50-53.
34. Aishwarya CP, Shital SS, Yogita TR, Manojkumar MN, Shreenivas KM. Review on Aquasome novel Drug delivery System. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetics Sciences. 2018;9(1):19-24.