Kavita R. Chandramore, Rohan S. Ahire
Kavita R. Chandramore1, Rohan S. Ahire2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Dr. J. D Pawar College of Pharmacy, Kalwan, Nashik, Maharashtra.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, MET’s Institute of Pharmacy, Adgaon, Nashik, Maharashtra.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
In this study, Synthesis of ethyl 2-(4-halobenzyl)-3-oxobutanoate was carried out by using addition of substituted benzyl bromide to a suspension of t-BuOK (Potassium tert-butoxide) in THF (tetrahydrofuran). The reaction mixture was then refluxed for 12 hr. The progress of reaction was monitored using thin layer chromatography (TLC). Synthesize compound are characterized by elemental analysis and spectral analysis like infra red spectroscopy, nuclear magnetic spectroscopy and mass spectroscopy (IR,1H-NMR, MS). Pharmacological activity of these compound were predicted by individually using prediction of activity spectra for substance (PASS). It shows various pharmacological activities and mechanism of action such as L-glucuronate reductase inhibitor, Gluconate 2-dehydrogenase (acceptor) inhibitor, Centromere associated protein inhibitor, Eye irritation, inactive, GST A substrate, Pectate lyase inhibitor, 5-O-(4-coumaroyl)-D-quinate 3'-monooxygenase inhibitor, Acetylcholine neuromuscular blocking agent, Antihypoxic, Aspulvinone dimethylallyl transferase inhibitor.
Cite this article:
Kavita R. Chandramore, Rohan S. Ahire. Synthesis of Ethyl 2-(4-halobenzyl)-3-oxobutanoate and determination of its Biological activity by using prediction of activity spectra for substance. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(2):102-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2022.00017
Kavita R. Chandramore, Rohan S. Ahire. Synthesis of Ethyl 2-(4-halobenzyl)-3-oxobutanoate and determination of its Biological activity by using prediction of activity spectra for substance. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(2):102-6. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2022.00017 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-2-3
1. Hu M, Ni C, H. J. Copper-mediated trifluoromethylation of α-diazo esters with TMSCF3: the important role of water as a promoter. J Am Chem Soc 2012 134(37), 15257–60 DOI: 10.1021/ja307058c
2. Brotzman, N., Xu, Y., Graybill, A., Cocolas, A., Ressler, A., Seeram, N.P., Ma, H. and Henry, G.E. Synthesis and tyrosinase inhibitory activities of 4-oxobutanoate derivatives of carvacrol and thymol. Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters 2019 29(1), 56-58 DOI: 10.1016/j.bmcl.2018.11.013.
3. Dai, Y., Huan, B., Zhang, H.S. and He, Y.C. Effective biotransformation of ethyl 4-chloro-3-oxobutanoate into ethyl (S)-4-chloro-3-hydroxybutanoate by recombinant E. coli CCZU-T15 whole cells in [ChCl][Gly]–water media. Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2017 181(4),1347-1359 DOI: 10.1007/s12010-016-2288-0.
4. Pogodin, P.V., Lagunin, A.A., Rudik, A.V., Filimonov, D.A., Druzhilovskiy, D.S., Nicklaus, M.C. and Poroikov, V.V. How to achieve better results using PASS-based virtual screening: Case study for kinase inhibitors. Frontiers in chemistry, 2018 6, 133 DOI https://doi.org/10.3389/fchem.2018.00133.
5. Matin, M.M., Chakraborty, P., Alam, M.S., Islam, M.M. and Hanee, U. Novel mannopyranoside esters as sterol 14α-demethylase inhibitors: Synthesis, PASS predication, molecular docking, and pharmacokinetic studies. Carbohydrate research 2020, 496, 108-130 DOI: 10.1016/j.carres.2020.108130.
6. Filimonov, D.A., Druzhilovskiy, D.S., Lagunin, A.A., Gloriozova, T.A., Rudik, A.V., Dmitriev, A.V., Pogodin, P.V. and Poroikov, V.V. Computer-aided prediction of biological activity spectra for chemical compounds: opportunities and limitations. Biomedical Chemistry: Research and Methods, 2018 1(1), e00004-e00004 DOI: https://doi.org/10.18097/bmcrm00004
7. Katakam, N.K., Seifert, C.W., D’Auria, J. and Li, G. Efficient synthesis of methyl (s)-4-(1-methylpyrrolidin-2-yl)-3-oxobutanoate as the key intermediate for tropane alkaloid biosynthesis with optically acitve form. Heterocycles: an international journal for reviews and communications in heterocyclic chemistry 2019 99(1), 604-613 DOI: 10.3987/COM-18-S(F)4.
8. Tukaram M. k, Rajendra B. K, Praveen B. H. Oxadiazole: A promising class with different pharmacological activity. Asian journal off research in chemistry, 2012, DOI: 10.5958/0974-4150
9. Prafulla M S, Meeraben P. K, Jitendra G. D. Amino-indane fused heterocycle with diverse pharmacological activity. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry, 2013; Page 438-447. DOI: 10.5958/0974-4150
10. Kishan D. P, Chhaganbhai N. P, Grishma M. P. Synthesis and Antidiabetic activity of noval 4-((2,4-dioxothiazolidin-5-ylidene)methyl) substituted Benzene sulphonamide. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2015, Page 1-7. DOI: 10.5958/2231-5659.2015.00001.6
11. Konda Ravi Kumar, K.N.S. Karthik, P. Reshma Begum, Ch. M.M. Prasada Rao. Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation of benzothiazole derivatives as potential antimicrobial and analgesic agents. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 7(2):115-119. DOI: 10.5958/2231-5659.2017.00018.2
12. Valli.G., MareeswariP., RamuK., Thanga Thirupathi A.. Analgesic, antipyretic, CNS and pass prediction Activities of 4-(4-hydroxy benzylidene amino) phenol Schiff base. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2012; 4(5): 192-196. DOI: 10.5958/2349-2988
13. Pavlo V. Zadorozhnii, Nina P. Popykhach, Vadym V. Kiselev, Ihor O. Pokotylo, Oxana V. Okhtina, Aleksandr V. Kharchenko. In Silico Prediction of Anticonvulsant Activity of N-(2,2,2-Trichloro-1-hydroxyethyl)alkenyl- and –alkylarylcarboxamides. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2018; 11(2):711-716. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00134.8
14. Valli G., Mageshwari M. PASS Prediction of Noni Fruit Constituents. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 5(3): Mar.2012; Page 431-437. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.
15. Pavlo V. Zadorozhnii, Nina P. Popykhach, Vadym V. Kiselev, Ihor O. Pokotylo, Oxana V. Okhtina, Aleksandr V. Kharchenko. In Silico Prediction of Anticonvulsant Activity of N-(2,2,2-Trichloro-1-hydroxyethyl)alkenyl- and –alkylarylcarboxamides. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology.2018; 11(2):711-716. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00134.8.
16. Imad Hadi Hameed, Maria Rosario Calixto Cotos, Mohammed Yahya Hadi. Antimicrobial, Antioxidant, Hemolytic, Anti-anxiety, and Antihypertensive activity of Passiflora species. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2017; 10(11): 4079-4084. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00739.9
17. C.R. Prakash, S. Raja, G. Saravanan, P. Dinesh Kumar, T. Panneer Selvam. Synthesis and Evaluation of Antioxidant Activities of Some Novel Isatin Derivatives and Analogs. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences 1(4): Oct.-Dec. 2011; Page 140-143. DOI: 10.5958/2231-5659.