Akshay kumar Kadam, Pradnya Shinde, Rohit Sapate, Seema Shinde, Hanmant Mali, Nikita Gidde
Akshay kumar Kadam*, Pradnya Shinde, Rohit Sapate, Seema Shinde, Hanmant Mali, Nikita Gidde
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Pharmaceutics, Rajarambapu College of Pharmacy, Kasegaon, 415404, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
To prepare formulation of herbal hand wash from the methanolic extracts of leaves of Murraya koenigii (Curry tree) and Eugenia aromaticam (Clove) for anti acne activity. Extract was obtained from the leaves of Murraya koenigii (Curry tree) and buds of Eugenia aromaticam (Clove) by maceration method and formulation was developed by simple mixing of ingredients. Anti-microbial efficacy of the formulated herbal hand wash was performed on different microorganisms using the agar plate method. The results showed that, compared to regular hand wash, prepared herbal hand wash formulations showed a large inhibition region and extract of these plant materials can be used for formulation of hand wash and antimicrobial activity. The zone of inhibition for prepared formulation was found to be more than the standard formulation. For Staphylococcus aureus zone of inhibition was found to be 39 mm, Bacillus substillis 35 mm, and Candida albicans 42 mm which is more than the standard formulation. Extract of leaves of Murraya koenigii (Curry tree) and Eugenia aromaticam (Clove) had shown the best antimicrobial activity against Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus substillis, and Candida albicans respectively.
Cite this article:
Akshay kumar Kadam, Pradnya Shinde, Rohit Sapate, Seema Shinde, Hanmant Mali, Nikita Gidde. Formulation and Evaluation of Anti-Microbial Foam Hand Wash Spray of Murraya koenigii and Eugenia aromaticam Extract. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2021; 11(3):195-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2021.00031
Akshay kumar Kadam, Pradnya Shinde, Rohit Sapate, Seema Shinde, Hanmant Mali, Nikita Gidde. Formulation and Evaluation of Anti-Microbial Foam Hand Wash Spray of Murraya koenigii and Eugenia aromaticam Extract. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2021; 11(3):195-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2021.00031 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-3-3
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Guideline for hand hygiene in health-care settings: recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force. MMWR 2002; 51(RR16): 1-48.
2. Larson EL. APIC Guidelines for hand washing and hand antisepsis in health care settings. Am J Infect Control. 1995; 23(251): 1-69.
3. Jayant L, Snehal D J, Chetan D, Diksha J. Formulations of herbal hand wash with potential antibacterial activity. Int J Res Adv Tech, 2015; 2(2): 11-15.
4. Khazaei S, Khazaei S, Ayubi E. Importance of prevention and control of Importance of Prevention and Control of Nosocomial Infections in Iran. Iran J Public Health. 2018; 47 (2); 307–30.
5. Kampf G, Kramer A. Epidemiologic background of Hand Hygiene and evaluation of the most important agents for scrubs and rubs. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004; 17: 863–93.
6. Black RE, Dykes AC, Anderson KE, Wells JG, Sinclair SP. Hand-washing to prevent diarrhea in day-care centers. Am J Epidemiol. 1981; 113: 445-51.
7. Ito C. Studies on Medicinal Resources of Rutaceous Plants and Development to Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Natural Med. 2000; 54: 117-122.
8. Cortés-Rojas D.F., de Souza C.R., Oliveira W.P. Clove (Syzygium aromaticum): A precious spice. Asian Pac. J. Trop. Med. 2014; 4: 90–96.
9. Jayasree Tirumalasetti, Anuradha Basavaraju, Harini, Praveena. In vitro Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity of Methanolic Extract of Murraya koenigii Leaves (Curry Leaves). International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Phytopharmacological Research. 2014; 4 (2): 123-125.
10. R. Sathish, P. Sravan Kumar, K. Natarajan, N. Sridhar. Hepatoprotective and Anti Pyretic Activities of Methanolic Extract of Butea Monosperma Lam Stem Bark In Wister Rats. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 1(4): Oct. - Dec. 2011; Page 130-133.
11. Dibyajyoti Saha, Swati Paul. Cytotoxic Activity of Methanolic Extract of Alpinia conchigera Griff (Family: Zingiberaceae). Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2(2): April-June 2012; Page 86-88.
12. Dibyajyoti Saha, Swati Paul. Pharmacognostic Studies of Aerial Part of Methanolic Extract of Vernonia patula. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2(3): July-Sept. 2012; Page 94-96.
13. Swati Paul, Dibyajyoti Saha. Pharmacognostic Studies on Methanolic Extract of the Aerial Part of Leucas zeylanica (L.). Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2(4): Oct. - Dec. 2012; Page 142-143.
14. Nidhi Rao, Sandhya Mittal, Sudhanshu, Ekta Menghani. Assessment of Phytochemical Screening, Antioxidant and Antibacterial Potential of the Methanolic Extract of Ricinus communis L. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 3(1): Jan.-Mar. 2013; Page 20-25.
15. Dibyajyoti Saha, Swati Paul. Pharmacognostic Studies of Aerial Part of Methanolic Extract of Alpinia conchigera Griff. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2(2): April-June 2012; Page 46-48.
16. Chandrakant R. Kokare. Pharmaceutical Microbiology Experiment and Techniques. Second Edition; 2007; 209-215.
17. Chandrakant R. Kokare. Pharmaceutical microbiology Principles and Applications. Ninth Edition; January 2013; 13-17.
18. Vignesh Balaji. E, Tamil Selvan. A, Srinivasan. A, Nandhini. S. Punica granatum root (s): Phytocompounds analysis, Anti-oxidant and Anti-microbial activity. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2019; 9(3): 123-127.
19. Kamlendra Kumar, B. K. Singh. Synthesis, Characterization and anti-Microbial activity of Some 4-Thiazolidinone Conjugatives. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(4): 195-200.
20. P. Kamleshiya, V.G. Meshram, A.H. Ansari. The in-vitro Bacteriostatic Potential of Some Traditionally used Indian Spices. Asian J. Research Chem. 5(4): April 2012; Page 492-496.
21. Anita M. Ingle, Abhijeet V. Ladke, Pranjali S. Ranaware, Shivani H. Rao, Mrinalini C. Damle. Evaluation of the Antibacterial Activity of Methanolic and Aqueous Extract for the Seeds of Cassia tora. Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 4(5): 2012; page 240-243.