Kabita Banik, S. Akshitha, O. V. Poojitha, Ch. Thulasi, V. Vineetha
Kabita Banik1, S. Akshitha2, O. V. Poojitha2, Ch. Thulasi2, V. Vineetha2
1Assistant Professor, Bharat Institute of Technology, Mangalpally, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
2B Pharmacy, Research Scholar, Bharat Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2020
The effect of M.olifera leaf against Calcium oxalate was tested by uv Spectrscopy method. calcium oxalate crystals were confirmed by UV analysis. Then the sample was treated against leaf extract and again UV analysis was done to confirm presence or absence of crystals. Two type of assay the done to confirming the property Aggression assay and nucleation assay. calcium Oxalate, Phosphate, uric acid and proteins are important markers as well as citrate and magnesium are inhibitors which were tested for the confirmation of the stone. LDH and oxalate are the enzymes of liver and kidneys are having an important role in Urolithiasis were also estimated. After studding the absorbance and turbidity of calcium oxalate solution we concluded the results, studies showed significant data to confirm the efficacy of M.olifera leaf having anti-urolithic activity. The results of present study suggest usefulness of M.olifera in the treatment of kidney stone disease.
Cite this article:
Kabita Banik, S. Akshitha, O. V. Poojitha, Ch. Thulasi, V. Vineetha. Evaluation of Antiurolithiatic activity of Moringa leaves by UV Spectroscopic Method. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):141-144. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00026.0
1. Abdulkarim S, Long K, Lai O, Muhammad S, Ghazali H. Some physio-chemical properties of Moringa oleifera seed oil extracted using solvent and aqueous enzymatic methods. Food Chemistry. 2005; 93:253-263.
2. Abubakar B, Wusirika R, Muazu S, Khan A, Adamu A. Detection of Genetic Variability using Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA markers in Some Accessions of Moringa oleifera Lam. from Northern Nigeria. International Journal of Botany. 2011; 7.
3. Adesokan AA, Yakubu MT, Owoyele BV, Akanji MA, Soladoye A, Lawal OK. Effect of administration of aqueous and ethanolic extracts of Enantia chlorantha stem bark on brewer’s yeast-induced pyresis in rats. African Journal of Biochemistry Research. 2008; 2(7):165-169.
4. Agarwal N, Sharma R, Basu S, Parekh A, Sarkar A, Agarwal VK. Bay of Bengal summer monsoon 10-20 day variability in sea surface temperature using model and observation. Geophysical Research Letter. 2007.
5. Agrawal B, Mehta A. Antiasthmatic activity of Moringa oleifera Lam: A clinical study. Indian Journal of Pharmacology. 2008; 40:28-31.
6. Beg AZ. Antimicrobial and phytochemical studies on 45 Indian medicinal plants against multi-drug resistant human pathogens. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2001; 74(2):113-123.
7. OA Akinpelu, Afolayan AJ, Okoh AI. Antibacterial activities of crude stem bark extracts of Distemonathus benthamianus Baill. Journal of Biosciences. 2008; 8(2):356-361.
8. Summary of WHO Guidelines for the assessment of herbal medicines, Herbal Gram, 22 (1993), pp. 13-28.
9. F, Kumar S, Khan SA. Estimation of total phenolic content, in–vitro antioxidant and anti–inflammatory activity of flowers of Moringa oleifera. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. 2013; 3:623-627.