Sugar molecules that are arranged in rings of various sizes are known as cyclodextrins. A family of cyclic oligomers known as cyclodextrins (CDs) is produced when starch is digested more quickly. They are homogenous, crystalline, non-hygroscopic, hydrophobic within, and hydrophilic outside, and require comparable structures. The following article lists the cyclodextrins' characteristics. Cyclodextrin's purpose is discussed. The method utilised to form the inclusion complex is mentioned and thoroughly discussed, as well as the formation of inclusion complex in detail. A number of commercially available formulations containing cyclodextrin derivatives were included. cyclodextrin's usage in several medication delivery systems. Uses and potential uses for cyclodextrin and its derivative.
Cite this article:
S. Ansari, S. Khan, I. Parab. Cyclodextrin and its Derivative in Drug Delivery System. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2023; 13(2):111-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2023.00021
S. Ansari, S. Khan, I. Parab. Cyclodextrin and its Derivative in Drug Delivery System. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2023; 13(2):111-8. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2023.00021 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-2-7
1. Patil GB, Deshmukh PK, Belgamwar VS. Studies on Occlusion Complexes of Aceclofenac with β-Cyclodextrin and Hydroxypropyl -β- Cyclodextrin. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2009; 1(3):200-203.
2. Rohan R. Vakhariya, S. M. Kumbhar, R. B. lade, P. S. Salunkhe, R. H. Ubale. Dissolution Rate Enhancement of Ramipril by Solid Dispersion Technique. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(1):08-12. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2020.00002.7
3. Kamisetti R Rajeswari, VinithaBrungi, S. Bennuru, Sr. Cheeli, RM. Gupta Vankadari. Studies on the development of Orally Disintegrating Tablets of Irbesartan. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(1):01-07. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2020.00001.5
4. Sunakar Panda, Swapna Sankar Nayak. Inclusion Complexes of Acridone and Its Semicarbazone Derivative With β- Cyclodextrin: - A Thermodynamic, Spectral and Antimicrobial Study. Asian J. Research Chem. 2(4):Oct.-Dec. 2009
5. S. M. Sarode, M. Mittal, P.Sharma, B. Shrivastava, G.K. Gajare, G. Vidyasagar. Preparation and Evaluation of Inclusion Complexes Using Cyclodextrins and Its Derivatives. Asian J. Research Chem. 5(1): January 2012; Page 131-135.
6. Stella VJ, Rajewski RA. Cyclodextrins: their future in drug formulation and delivery. Pharm Res. 1997; 14: 556–567.
7. Szente R, Ramsekar Essentials of Carbohydrate Chemistry. Springer, New York. Saenger W. Cyclodextrin inclusion compounds in research and industry. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 1998; 344–362.
8. Tapan Kumar Giri, Manish Desmukh, Animesh Jaiswal, Dulal Krishna Tripathi. β-Cyclodextrin and Its Derivatives Based Drug Delivery. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2010; 2(6): 361-369.
9. Hamid Khan. Formulation and In-Vitro Evaluation of Sustained Release Matrix Tablets of Valsartan using Beta-Cyclodextrin. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2020; 12(4):245-248. doi: 10.5958/0975-4377.2020.00040.3
10. S. M. Sarode, M. Mittal, P.Sharma, B. Shrivastava, G.K.Gajare, G. Vidyasagar. Preparation and Evaluation of Inclusion Complexes Using Cyclodextrins and Its Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 4(11): Nov. 2011; Page 1761-1765.
11. Manoj M Nitalikar, Dinesh M. Sakarkar. Formulation and evaluation of topical gel of Meloxicam with Beta-Cyclodextrin complex. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 6(7): July 2013; Page 790-793.
12. Venkatesh, Anand Kumar Y, C. MallikarjunaSetty. Preparation and Evaluation of Nateglinide-Cyclodextrin Inclusion Complex. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2018; 11(3): 1017-1022. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00190.7
13. P. R. Mahaparale, V. P. Thorat. Enhancement of Solubility of Leflunomide with -cyclodextrin inclusion complexationResearch J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(2):809-812.
14. Duan M, Zhao N, Ossurardottir IB, Thorsteinsson T, Loftsson T. Cyclodextrin solubilization of theantibacterial agents triclosan and triclocarban: formation of aggregates and higher-order complexes. International J Pharm. 2005; 22 (9): 213–222.
15. Hashimoto H. Preparation, structure, property and application of branched cyclodextrins. In Cyclodextrins and Derivatives. 1991; 97–156.
16. Higuchi T & Connors KA. Phase solubility techniques. In C. N.Reilley (Ed.), Advances in analyticalchemistry and instrumentation .Wiley-Interscience, New York.1965;
17. Hincal AA. Recent advances in drug delivery using amphiphilic cyclodextrin nanoparticles. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2005; 25(2): 33–34.
18. Robyt JF. Essentials of Carbohydrate Chemistry. Springer, New York. Saenger, W. Cyclodextrininclusion compounds in research and industry. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 1998; 344–362.
19. Van Hees T, Piel G, Evrard B, Otte X, Thunus L, Delattre L. Application of supercritical carbon dioxide for the preparation of a piroxicam cyclodextrin inclusion compound. Pharm Res. 1999; 16:1864–1870.