Dhiraj S. Girase, Dnyaneshwar G. Bagul, Ritik S. Bhawsar, Azam Z. Shaikh, Ritik. S. Jain
Dhiraj S. Girase*, Dnyaneshwar G. Bagul, Ritik S. Bhawsar, Azam Z. Shaikh, Ritik. S. Jain
Department of Microbiology, Ahinsa Institute of Pharmacy, Dhule Road, Dondaicha, 425408.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
In our daily life we are exposed to different viruses and sometimes they also infect the human body. At times, they even cause life-threatening illnesses, which can put our lives in jeopardy. Also, some viruses exist which can enter the human body from animals are known as 'zoonotic viruses'. Hendra virus is also a zoonotic virus which comes under genus of 'henipavirus' and family 'paramyxoviridae'. This virus is identified during 1994-2010 outbreak of hendra virus in horses and humens at suburb of brisbane, Australia, that time out of 21, 14 horses and one humen is dead due to respiratory disease. This virus shares its genus with nipah virus. The major reservoir of this virus was found in flying foxes (Bats from the genus pteropus). This review article mainly emphasize on the structure, epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment, sign and symptoms of hendra virus.
Cite this article:
Dhiraj S. Girase, Dnyaneshwar G. Bagul, Ritik S. Bhawsar, Azam Z. Shaikh, Ritik. S. Jain. A Short Review on Hendra Virus. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(2):143-5. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2022.00024
Dhiraj S. Girase, Dnyaneshwar G. Bagul, Ritik S. Bhawsar, Azam Z. Shaikh, Ritik. S. Jain. A Short Review on Hendra Virus. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(2):143-5. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2022.00024 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-2-10
2. SM Tulsiani, GC Graham, PR Moore, CC Jansen, AF Van Den Hurk, FAJ Moore, RJ Simmons, and SB Craig. Emerging tropical diseases in Australia Part 5. Hendra virus (2011); 105(1): 1-11.
3. Bryan T. Eaton, Christopher C. Broder, Lin-Fa wang. Headra and Nipah viruses: different and dangerous(2006); 4(1):23-35.
5. Joyce J.W wong, Reay G. Paterson, Robert A. Lamb and Theodore S. Jordetzky. Structure and Stabilization of the hendra virus F glycoprotein in its perfusion form(2016);13(4):1056 - 1061.
6. Deborah Middleton. Hendra virus (2014);30(3):579 - 589.
7. Christopher C. Broader Dawn L. weir & peter A. Reid. Hendra virus and nipah virusanimal vaccines (2016);84(30); 3525-3534.
8. H field, P Young, JM Yob, J Mills, L Hall, J Mackenzie. The natural history of Hendra and nipah viruses;(2001)3(4);307-14
10. Hume Field, Carol de Jong, Deb Melville, Craig smith, Ina Smith, Alice Broos, Yu Hsin (Nina) kung, Amanda McLaughlin, and Anne Zeddeman, Hendra virus Infection Dynamics in Austrelian Fruit Bats (2011);6(12):e28678
12. kim Halpin, Paul Rota. A review of hendra virus and Nipah virus infections in man and other animals (2014): 997-1012.
13. Chad E Mire, Benjamin A. Scatter field and Thomas W. Geisbert. Pathogenesis of hendra virus in humans (Nov. 2015), DOI:10 1002/978111.
14. Hendra Virus infection in horses by Nina YuHSin kung, phD, MSc, BVSC, BVM, Biosequrity queensland.
15. Isabel M.R hess, Peter D Massey, Belinda Walker, Deborah J Middleton, Therese M Wright (2011); 22(5-6):118-22.
16. ka Y. Yuen, Natalie S. Fraser, Joerg Hanning, kim Halpin, Justine S. Gibson, Lily betzien, Allison J. Stewart Hendra virus: Epidemiology dynamics in relation to climate change, Diagnostic tests and control measure (2020); 12(7181).
17. https://www.cdc.gov /vhf/hendra/index.html
18. Jackie Pallister, Deborah Middleton, Lin-Fawang. Reubin klein, Jessica haining, Reachel robinson Manaba yamada, John White, Jean payne, Yan rufeng chan, christ opher C. Broader. A recombinant hendra virus & G glycoprotein - based Subunit Vaccine protats ferrets from Lethal Hendra virus challenge (2011);29 (34);5623-5630.
19. Christopher C. Broader, kai Xu, Dimmitar B Nikolov, Zhongyu zhu Dimmiter S. Dimitrov, Deborah Middleton, Jackie pallister Thomas W. Geisbert, katharine N Bossart, Lin Fa wang. A Treatment for and vaccine against the deadly Hendra and Nipah virus (2013);100(1):8-13.
20. Chroistopher C. Broader, Dawn L weir and Peter A Reid. Hendra virus, and Nipah virus animal Vaccines (2016);34(30):3525-3534.
21. Elliott G. Playford, Broad McCall, Greg Smith, Vicki Slinko George Allen, Ina Smith, frederick Moore, Carmel Taylor, Yu-Hsin kung, and Hume Field. Human hendra virus encephalitis associated with equine outbreak, Australia 2008 (2010);16(2): 219-223.
22. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/Fact sheeets/pages/hendra_virus.aspx
23. Glenn A. Marsh, Jessica Haining, Timothy J. Hancock, Rachel Robinson, Adam J. Foord, Jennifer A. Barr, Shane Riddell, Hans G Heine, John R. white, Gary Crameri, Hume E. Field, Lin-Fa Wang, Deborah Middleton. Experimental infection of horses with Hendra Virus/ Australia/horse/2008 Redlands (2011);17(12):2232-8.