Nikam Swati, Velhal Atish, Jadhav Prakash
Nikam Swati*, Velhal Atish, Jadhav Prakash
Yashoda Shikshan Prasarak Mandal, Yashoda Technical Campus, Faculty of Pharmacy, Wadhe, Satara.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
Solid Dispersion is one of the most ancient most extensively used procedures for increasing a slowly dissolving substance's solubility substances. Solid dispersion is prepared using a variety of pharmaceutically suitable ingredients and new technology. Solid dispersions were created through a variety of methods such as kneading, co-milling, fusing, solvent evaporation, and other solvent-related techniques. Choosing the right manufacturing technique and carrier is critical for producing a homogeneous product with good stability and biological activity.
The review focuses on categorization of solid dispersion based on recent advancement and various techniques involved to improve solubility.
Cite this article:
Nikam Swati, Velhal Atish, Jadhav Prakash. Review on Laboratory Scale Solid Dispersion Techniques. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2023; 13(2):167-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2023.00029
Nikam Swati, Velhal Atish, Jadhav Prakash. Review on Laboratory Scale Solid Dispersion Techniques. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2023; 13(2):167-0. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2023.00029 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-2-15
1. Sweta Mehta1 et.al. Improving solubility of bcs class ii drugs using solid dispersion: A review. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics; 2014, 4(3), 7-13.
2. Purnachandra Reddyguntaka et.al. solid dispersion - a novel approach for bioavailability enhancement of poorly water-soluble drugs in solid oral dosage forms Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 12, Issue 2, 2019, 17-26.
3. Uttam Kumar Mandal. Pharmaceutical application of solid dispersion technology in improving solubility of poorly soluble drugs: a review.
4. Nandi et.al. Preparation of Solid Dispersions of Simvastatin and Soluplus Using a Single-Step Organic Solvent-Free Supercritical Fluid Process for the Drug Solubility and Dissolution Rate Enhancement. Pharmaceuticals 2021, 14, 846. https://doi.org/10.3390/ ph14090846
5. Streubel, A. et al. (2006) Drug delivery to the upper small intestine window using gastroretentive technologies. Curr. Opin. Pharmacol. 6, 501–508
6. Gardner, D. et al. (1997) Theintelisite capsule: a new easy to use approach for assessing regional drug absorption from gastrointestinal tract. Pharm. Tech. Eur. 9, 46–53
7. Vippagunta, S.R. et al. (2006) Factors affecting the formation of eutectic solid dispersions and their dissolution behavior. J. Pharm. Sci. 96, 294–304
8. Tanaka, N. et al. (2006) Development of novel sustained-release system, disintegration-controlled matrix tablet (DCMT) with solid dispersion granules of nilvadipine (II): In vivo evaluation. J. Contr. Release 112, 51–56
9. Ohara, T. et al. (2005) Dissolution mechanism of poorly water-soluble drug from extended-release solid dispersion system with ethylcellulose and hydroxypropylmethylcellulose. Int. J. Pharm. 302, 95–102
10. Leuner, C. and Dressman, J. (2000) Improving drug solubility for oral delivery using solid dispersions. Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm. 50, 47–60
11. Majerik, V. et al. (2007) Bioavailability enhancement of an active substance by supercritical antisolvent precipitation. J. Supercrit. Fluids 40, 101–110
12. 16 Prabhu, S. et al. (2005) Novel lipid-based formulations enhancing the in vitro dissolution and permeability characteristics of a poorly water-soluble model drug, piroxicam. Int. J. Pharm. 301, 209–216
13. Teo´filo Vasconcelos1 et.al. Solid dispersions as strategy to improve oral bioavailability of poor water soluble drugs. Drug Discovery Today Volume 12, Numbers 23/24 December 2007
14. Avinash Ramrao Tekade et al. A Review on Solid Dispersion and Carriers Used Therein for Solubility Enhancement of Poorly Water Soluble Drugs. Adv Pharm Bull, 2020, 10(3), 359-369
15. Kim KT, Lee JY, Lee MY, Song CK, Choi J, Kim DD. Solid dispersions as a drug delivery system. J Pharm Investig 2011; 41(3):125-42. doi: 10.4333/KPS.2011.41.3.125
16. Bindhani S, Mohapatra S. Recent approaches of solid dispersion: a new concept toward oral bioavailability. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2018; 11(2):72-8. doi: 10.22159/ajpcr.2018. v11i2.23161
17. Vasconcelos T, Sarmento B, Costa P. Solid dispersions as strategy to improve oral bioavailability of poor water soluble drugs. Drug Discov Today 2007; 12(23-24):1068-75. doi: 10.1016/j.drudis.2007.09.005.
18. Vo CL, Park C, Lee BJ. Current trends and future perspectives of solid dispersions containing poorlywatersoluble drugs. Eur J Pharm Biopharm 2013; 85(3 Pt B):799- 813. doi: 10.1016/j.ejpb.2013.09.007
19. Bhumika Kumar Solid Dispersion- A Review. PRINT ISSN: 2394-6679 | E-ISSN: 2347-7881.
20. Vo CLN, Park C, Lee BJ. Current trends and future perspectives of solid dispersions containing poorly water-soluble drugs. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2013; 85(3):799-813.
21. Mohamed Salah Attia. Solid Dispersion as a Technical Solution to Boost the Dissolution Rate and Bioavailability of Poorly Water-Soluble Drugs. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research | Vol 55 | Issue 2 [Suppl] | Apr-Jun, 2021.
22. Leuner C, Dressman J. Improving drug solubility for oral delivery using solid dispersions. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2000; 50(1):47-60.
23. Hallouard F, Mehenni L, Lahiani-Skiba M, et al. Solid dispersions for oral administration: An overview of the methods for their preparation. Curr Pharm Des. 2016; 22(32):4942-58
24. Rahul B. Chavan et al., Amorphous solid dispersion of nisoldipine by solvent evaporation technique: preparation, characterization, in vitro, in vivo evaluation, and scale up feasibility study. Drug Delivery and Translational Research volume 10, pages903–918 (2020).
25. Tambe A, Pandita N. Enhanced solubility and drug release profile of boswellic acid using a poloxamer-based solid dispersion technique. J Drug DelivSci Technol. 2018; 44:172-80.
26. Ghareeb MM, Abdulrasool AA, Hussein AA, et al. Kneading technique for preparation of binary solid dispersion of meloxicam with poloxamer 188. AapsPharmscitech. 2009; 10(4):1206-15.
27. Alam MA, Ali R, Al-Jenoobi FI, et al. Solid dispersions: A strategy for poorly aqueous soluble drugs and technology updates. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2012; 9(11):1419-40.
28. Nikhil Pasarkar et al., Solid Dispersion- A Review. JAN 2022 | IRE Journals | Volume 5 Issue 7 | ISSN: 2456-8880.
29. Kalia et al; solid dispersion- an approach towards enhancing dissolution rate; Int. J Pharm Sci; 2011; 3(4); 9-19.
30. Dixit et al; A review- solid dispersion,2014; World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; 3(9); 238-257.
31. Thakur et al; A review on solid dispersion; World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; 2014; 3(9); 173-18