B. Sudhakar, Karipe Akshaya, Ramya Sri. S
B. Sudhakar1*, Karipe Akshaya1, Ramya Sri. S2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Samskruti College of Pharmacy, Affiliated to JNTUH University, Hyderabad 501301, Telangana, India.
2Department of Pharmacy, University College of Technology, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500007, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
A new, simple, rapid and precise reverse phase high performance liquid chromatographic method has been developed for the validation of Bilastine and Montelukast in its pure form as well as in combined marketed formulation. Chromatography was carried out on a Phenomenex Luna C18 (4.6mm×250mm) 5µm particle size column using a mixture of Methanol: Phosphate Buffer (pH-4.2) (37:63% v/v) as the mobile phase at a flow rate of 1.0ml/min, thedetection was carried out at 260nm. The retention time of the Bilastine and Montelukast was found to be was 2.133, 3.692±0.02 min respectively. The method was validated according to ICH guidelines for linearity, sensitivity, accuracy, precision, specificity and robustness. The method produce linear responses in the concentration range of 20-60mg/ml of Bilastine and 10-30mg/ml of Montelukast.The inter-day and intra-day precisions were found to be within limits. The method precision for the determination of assay was below 2.0% RSD. The method is useful in the quality control of bulk and pharmaceutical formulations.
Cite this article:
B. Sudhakar, Karipe Akshaya, Ramya Sri. S. Analytical Method Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Bilastine and Montelukast by RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2023; 13(2):79-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2023.00015
B. Sudhakar, Karipe Akshaya, Ramya Sri. S. Analytical Method Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Bilastine and Montelukast by RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2023; 13(2):79-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2023.00015 Available on: https://ajpsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-2-1
1. Govinda Rao Kamala, Sowjanya Vadrevu, Malipeddi Haripriya. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Omeprazole and Domperidone by RP-HPLC. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(4): 2015; 195-205. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2015.00031.9
2. Hamid Khan, Mushir Ali, Alka Ahuja, Javed Ali. Validated HPLC-UV Method for Simultaneous Determination of Some Anti-Inflammatory and Analgesic Drugs. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(3): 183-187.
3. Ankita Shinde, G.B. Gajeli, Sneha Ubale, Vinod Matole. Simultaneous HPLC Method Development and Validation of Bilastine and Montelukast in Bulk and Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(11):6061-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.01053.
4. Pardeshi P. P., Gaware V. M., Dhamak K. B. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Bilastine from bulk and Formulation. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(2):109-111. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2020.00019.8
6. A. M. Beltagi, I. A. Lashin, W. A. Essa, A. A. Hathoot, M. Abdel Azzem. Evolution and effectiveness of HPLC Technique for rapid estimation of an Antiallergenic agent Bilastine. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(2):57-2. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00011.
7. Md. Jakaria, Md. Hazrat Ali, Md. Areeful Haque, Mohammed Abu Sayeed, Shoayeb Ahmed. In vitro Comparative Forced Degradation Study of Different Brands and Active form of Montelukast sodium using UV Spectrophotometer. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(1): Jan.- March 2015; Page 26-30. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2015.00005.
8. Dipti G. Phadtare, Amol R. Pawar, Rajashri R. Kulkarni, Govind K. Patil. Method development and validation of Montelukast sodium in bulk and tablet formulation by HPLC. Asian J. Research Chem. 2016; 9(7): 339-342. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2016.00051.1
9. Rituraj Singh Chundawat, Y.S. Sarangdevot, R.P.S. Rathore, Dharmendra Singh Sisodiya, Udaibhan Singh Rathore. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Montelukast and Fexofenadine in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by HPLC Method. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 6(10): October 2013; Page 1102-1106.
10. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Montelukast
11. Sánchez MLF. Chromatographic techniques, European RTN Project, GLADNET, retrieved on 05-09-2013.
12. Snyder LR, Kirkland JJ, Glach JL. Practical HPLC Method Development, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1997; 158-192.
13. McpolinOona.an Introduction to HPLC for Pharmaceutical Analysis. Mourne Training Service. 11-12.
14. Charde MS, Welankiwar AS and Kumar J. Method development by liquid chromatography with validation. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Chemistry.2014; 4(2):57-61.
15. Ranjit Singh. HPLC method development and validation. J Pharm Educ Res2013; 4(1): 26-33.
16. Snyder LR, Kirkland JJ, Dolan JW. Introduction to modern liquid chromatography. John Wiley & Sons. New York. 2011.
17. Xiang Y, Liu Y, Lee ML. Ultrahigh pressure liquid chromatography using elevated temperature. Journal of Chromatography. 2006; 1104(1): 198-202.
18. International journal of novel trends in pharmaceutical sciences 2013; 3(1): 15-23.
19. Lindholm J. Development and Validation of HPLC method for Analytical and Preparative Purpose. Acta Universities Upsaliensis Uppsala. 2004; 13-14.
20. Snyder LR, Kirkland JJ, Glach JL. Practical HPLC Method Development, 2nd edition. New York. John Wiley &Sons. 1997; 233-291.
21. Sethi PD. Introduction – High Performance Liquid Chromatography, 1st edn, CBS Publishers, New Delhi. 2001; 1-28.
22. FDA Guidance for Industry (2000)-Analytical Procedures and Method Validation, Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls Documentation, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) and Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER).
23. Kayode J, Adebayo. Effective HPLC method development. Journal of Health, Medicine and Nursing.2015; 12: 123-133.
24. Gad S. Pharmaceutical manufacturing handbook of regulations and quality. John wiley and sons; 2006.
25. Webster P. Analytical procedures and method validation. Environmental protection agency; 2001.
26. Weston A, Brown PR. HPLC and CE Principles and Practice. Academic press California; 1997.
27. Shah RS, Pawar RB, Gayakar PP. An analytical method development of HPLC. International Journal of Institutional Pharmacy and Life Sciences. 2015; 5(5): 506-513.
28. ICH Q2 (R1) Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology. International Conference on Harmonization, IFPMA, Geneva; 2005.
29. ICH Q2A. Text on Validation of Analytical Procedures, International Conference on Harmonization. Geneva; 1994.
30. ICH Q2A. Text on Validation of Analytical Procedures, International Conference on Harmonization. Geneva; 1995.
31. Sura, R. S., CVS, S., & rachamalla, S. S. (2022). Bioanalytical RP-HPLC Method Development And Validation Of Clopidogrel Bisulfate In Wistar Rat Plasma And Its Application To Pharmacokinetic Study. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics, 14(1), 106–111. https://doi.org/10.22159/ijap.2022v14i1.43328