In pharmaceutics developing, improving and producing tablet is worldwide interests. The production cycle helps to remove the potential problems and advantageous to patient compatibility. The patient requirement is widely known by the pharmaceutical production cycle. The stable dry product with approved shelf life period, easy performance characteristics, accurate dosage, acceptable embossment on tablets, the preparation of unique shape such as round, oval etc. Tablet advantages are portable, easy to administer, are a small bulk, and mask of any unpleasant tastes or appearances. A number of excipients are used for tablet manufacturing. A number of excipients and punches types can seriously reduce the life of tablet press components. Mixing, blending and granulation procedures are importance in the characteristics of tablets. The Tablet is a solid dosage form. Immediate release tablets with olanzapine prepared. The prepared olanzapine tablets were evaluated for physical, chemical characteristics were studied.
Cite this article:
C. Kumaresan. Preparation and Evaluation of Olanzapine Tablets. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):158-160. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00030.2
1. https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00334 downloaded on 15/03/20, 8.56 AM
2. https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Olanzapine, downloaded on 15/03/20, 9.30 AM
3. https://psychopharmacologyinstitute.com/publication/olanzapine-pharmacokinetics-2159, downloaded on 15/03/20, 9.50 AM
4. https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1644-9274/olanzapine-oral/olanzapine-oral/details, downloaded on 15/03/20, 10.00 AM
5. http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/262/2/545, downloaded on 15/03/20, 10.00 AM
6. Olanzapine Orally Disintegrating Tablet: A Review of Efficacy and Compliance, Luis San, Marta Casillas, Antonio Ciudad, and Inmaculada Gilaberte, CNS Neurosci Ther. 2008 Fall; 14(3): 203–214.
7. Designing of olanzapine sustained release matrix tablets for the treatment of schizophrenia, Chinmaya Keshari Sahoo, Gude Bhargavi, Kokkula Satyanarayana, Nalini Kanta Sahoo, Alok kumar Moharana, International Journal of Biopharmaceutics. 2015; 6(1): 37-42.